Teaching Photo

Teaching Photo
My Passion

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

First Fundraiser...WOW!!

As you may have guessed, I will be fundraising for the costs for my trip. My plan is to have a total of three fundraising events. Two are in the works and one is already finished. My first fundraiser was a community concert at my church that took place in April. A number of friends of mine volunteered to perform. I had a total of thirteen musical acts. I charged admission and had numerous snacks available during intermission. Going into it, I had no idea what would come of it or if it would even be successful at all. Boy, did God have a surprise for me!

My concert raised $833...I was stunned to say the least. The audience (of about 100 PEOPLE!!) really seemed to enjoy themselves. Friends from all different corners of my life came out to enjoy the concert.The performers were fantastic and blew me away. I was touched by how many people came out and supported my dream. The Lord has given me such wonderful friends and a caring, supportive family. I am SO lucky.

God is amazing. Whether it is through answering an insignificant prayer or lining up everything for success, He is always at work. Even when times are rough, He is at work. "God is at work" is a phrase I learned from a sermon I heard at Carmel that I will never forget. It really spoke to me because it is a statement full of truths and can help even the most discouraged. It is encouraging to know that He is always at work. You will probably hear this statement frequently from me.

When I think about September and all of the preparations I need to do, it's a little scary. But when things occur such as my surprisingly successful fundraiser, I know that God is at work and is setting everything up for me. He is doing all of this so that I know I am doing the right thing. Thanks to the Lord, I have no doubts or regrets when I think about being in India for six months. I know that it is where I am supposed to be for that time and God will take care of me before, during and after. He and I know what I need to be doing and that work is way more important than any worries I could have. I am so grateful to God for always providing for me. PRAISE GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment