Teaching Photo

Teaching Photo
My Passion

Sunday, December 29, 2013

A New Year

As 2013 comes to a close, I look back at the year that God has blessed me with. If I chose 4 highlights from this year, they would be:

1. the decision to follow my dream
2. being blown away by an enormous amount of love and support from all of my family and friends
3. meeting a wonderful group of lifelong friends and prayer partners from all around the world as well as gaining a huge amount of knowledge and skills at ILTI 2013 (an amazing literacy training led by LEI in Tulsa, OK)
4. the chance to celebrate Christmas with the most incredible kids I know

God has overwhelmed me with blessings this year. I feel almost unworthy of all He has provided for me. While I am beyond thankful for all the blessings, I am also extremely thankful for the trials of 2013. It is through those trials that God has shown me His power and His love. It is through those trials that God has deepened my faith and brought me through an even stronger person than before. In my life and the lives of those around me, I have seen God hard at work this year. The power and love of the Lord astounds me and it's an amazing thing to see if you just look carefully.

Obviously, the biggest part of 2013 for me was getting on a plane and beginning my 6-month stay in Semmandakuppam, India. I look back at the past three and a half months in awe of God's love. He has been with me every step of this incredible journey. I am so thankful that I have never, not once, felt alone while I've been so far away from home. These children have taught me more than I could even begin to put into words. They are my best friends, my brothers and sisters. I love each of them with everything that's in me. Teaching alongside the teachers of CMS has been an experience that I will not forget in this lifetime. Backie, Freena and all of the staff of Carmel Children's Home inspire me every single day.

To be starting a new year with my Carmel family is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I will, not for one minute, take for granted. I am so lucky that God has given me this enormous blessing of being here with these amazing people. I could not be more excited for what 2014 will bring. This year, I am not making any resolutions because when I think about it, my future is not in my hands, it's in the Lord's. He is in control of my life and knows what's next for me. For Proverbs 16:3 says, "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans."

Already, I know that 2014 will bring many trials and joys. Some of them include...

*the team's visit to Carmel
*the second half of my unforgettable Carmel stay
*one of the most difficult goodbyes I may ever experience
*a most joyous reunion with my family and friends that will be 6 months in the making
*determining what's next for me in my life

But, as I look forward, I have no worries or fears because I know that God will be with me every step of the way. I hope that you all read this post and get inspired to feel the same. God is with each one of us as long as we just believe in Him. He is great...just let Him know it!! A very happy new year is wished to all who read this post. God bless you and your family in 2014!




No comments:

Post a Comment