Teaching Photo

Teaching Photo
My Passion

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Surprise!

On Sunday, January 5th, I got one of the biggest surprises of my life...no doubt about it. I was lined up with the children, very anxiously waiting for the team members to climb off of the bus. After being reunited with one of my favorite uncles, he encouraged me to come and see the rest of the team. As I walked closer to the bus, I saw something that I could not quite believe. What was it? My DAD. Boy, was that one hug that I will never forget!

There's been more than a few clues for my dad that India means a lot to me. I talk about it non-stop at home. My room is covered with photos and treasures from India. I sponsor now two children at Carmel. I look forward to every trip like a little kid on Christmas Eve. I've been there now six times. And, probably the biggest and most obvious of them all, I'm living here for six months. I think it has been fairly clear to him since my first trip to India in 2009, that India is a special part of my life. However, I don't think he ever truly understood. He would easily get tired of me talking about it so much and ask me to stop. He would see me putting up a new India photo in my room and ask, "Another one?" If I am being completely 100% honest, my dad is the last person I ever expected to get off of that bus.

But, boy am I extremely happy that he did!!!! I loved showing him around the wonderful place that has become my second home. I loved introducing him to his sponsor child, Ilayaraja. I loved introducing him to all of the awesome kids who have become my brothers and sisters. I loved having him sit in the back of my spoken class and seeing me do what I love. I loved sharing my "appa" with my second family. Most of all, I loved being able to share my passion with him. I've always been close with both of my parents, but it's a really incredible feeling to be able to share your passion with parents. My mom made my first trip to India with me so she was able to witness the beginning of it. But now my dad has seen me living my dream and I am so proud that he was able to see me at my best. I am so happy he was able to see the reason I wake up every morning at Carmel with a smile on my face. The reason I can live in a faraway country for six months and not feel homesick for one minute.

I am incredibly thankful that he made the decision to come and see me. I truly hope that he was able to see why I love Carmel so much and why India means the world to me.

Padre ~ Thank you for coming such a long way to come and see your "baby." I hope it was easy for you to see my purpose for being here. I love you SO much. I am so so happy that you got to meet my amazing second family and see how I am living out God's plan for my life. I hope (like always) that I am making you proud of me. See you soon! <3 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment